Underground Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underground Fans

From Glory Days to Nowadays

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Season 23/24 - March
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:53 am by UFW Maltchickers

» Saison 23/24 - Mars
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:50 am by UFW Maltchickers

» Saison 23/24 - Février
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 4:36 pm by UFW Maltchickers

» Season 23/24 - February
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 12:03 pm by UFW Maltchickers

» Season 23/24 - January
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2024 5:50 pm by UFW Maltchickers

» Saison 23/24 - Janvier
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2024 5:50 pm by UFW Maltchickers

» Saison 23/24 - Décembre
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 12:54 pm by UFW Maltchickers

» Saison 15/16 - Mai
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2024 11:06 am by UFW Maltchickers

» Season 23/24 - December
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2023 2:15 pm by UFW Maltchickers

Statistics
We have 12551 registered users
The newest registered user is Alberto

Our users have posted a total of 63398 messages in 1316 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 306 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:55 pm

Season 06/07 - October

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

Number of posts : 5461
Registration date : 2007-02-20

Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:08 am

Colo Colo - Universidad de Chile - 29/10/2006

Source : Canal13

30 fans were arrested.

Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Colocolo29102006am5 Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Colocolo291020066zi8
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Colocolo291020062bw0 Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Colocolo291020063jp5
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Colocolo291020064zp0 Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Colocolo291020067bt4
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Colocolo291020069ez7 Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Colocolo291020068sm1
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Colocolo2910200610zv0 Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Colocolo291020065ha7

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:08 am

Rosario central - Newell's Old Boys - 29/10/2006

Source : LA TERCERA + NOB website

2 fans were injured and 50 were arrested. Police used riot guns.

Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Rosariocentralnewellsoloc4 Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Rosariocentralnewellsolfo4
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 0321hs4
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Soldboys29102006dn9
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Soldboys291020062jv7
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Soldboys291020063ms8

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:09 am

Borac Cacak face racism ban - ??/10/2006

Source: Suite101.com

Ku Klux Klan reaches Serbian Super Liga

While a Serbian first division side is fined and banned from their home stadium due to their racist support, fans get a taste of their own medicine in England.

Just a week after everyone's favourite white supremacist fraternal organisation made an appearance on the terraces in Scotland, this bizarre form of racial goading has made its way to Serbia

Saturday’s Serbian Super Liga clash between Borac and Vozdovac Belgrade, which saw the visitors from the capital win 1-0, was notable for eight fans being charged with spreading racial hatred and a further 29 detained for disorderly conduct at a football match.

The Borac fans had donned Ku Klux Klan white hoods and held banners reading “The South will rise again" and "Go away from here because nobody likes you" – the last being a marvellously wordy effort that reads like an eight year-old penned it.

They also made the Nazi salute and the match was delayed for 10 minutes midway through the first half for police to wade in and arrest the offenders (Scottish coppers take note).

Well done the Serbian police – and that’s not something I ever thought I’d type.

The subject of the Borac supporters’ hatred was Vozdovac’s Zimbabwean striker Mike Tawmanyera, who commented: “I have never been insulted for being black before. I got scared for my wife and child. I've been given a great reception by the club and I get along really well with my neighbours. Some of them play all day with my son Nikola, who has a Serbian name because I like it here so much.”

It’s thought that Tawmanyera had been singled out as he used to play for Borac’s local rivals Javor Ivanjica, although that hardly excuses the repugnant behaviour of the Borac fans.

The Serbian Football Association said the club could be hit with a fine up to 7,300 euros and be forced to play between one and six matches behind closed doors. If they need any alternative arenas to play in, I hear Nuremberg circa 1933 might be right up their alley.

There is a big question here that obviously needs asking: Is there a giant right-wing soccer conspiracy linking Airdrie in Scotland to Cacak (home town of Borac) in Serbia?

The answer is almost certainly no, but there are a few uncanny parallels between the two places:

* Cacak is famous for the ten monasteries of the Ovcarsko-Kablarska Gorge

* Airdrie is situated in an area known as Monklands

* Cacak is home to many important industries, especially metal-processing, paper production and chemicals

* Airdrie also boasts many economic powerhouses: Albert Bartlett & Sons have expanded their fresh produce operations to a new site on the Stirling Road and the HQ of beCogent Group, a major leader in telesales and virtual help-desking is within the Cairnhill area of the town.

* At the time of writing, both local football teams have seven points from their first nine league games.

Coincidence? You decide!

Oh, and Dan Brown – hands off. This is my loopy plot and you aren’t having it.

As the unpleasant Borac story shows, football fans can be a repugnant lot to the people out on the pitch – like the school bully in the playground they generally pick on the weak and different.

Also like the school bully, they say beastly things to the girls about getting certain body parts out for the lads. Cheerleaders and half-time dancing troupes get their fair share of abuse all over the country from the inebriated pie-munchers on the terraces.

At the Sheffield Wednesday-Barnsley match in the Championship (as the English second division is grisly known), they got a taste of their own medicine.

The game at Wednesday’s Hillsborough stadium was a Yorkshire derby and these are keenly felt matches. In retrospect, it may have been a mistake for the stadium announcer to reveal that the half-time ‘entertainers’, pop duo TWIN, were two Sheffield lasses. This didn’t go down too well with the Barnsley faithful who let them know what they thought in no uncertain terms.

TWIN, made up of Francine and Nicola Gleadall (18 year old twins would you believe), decided to have a go back and one shouted obscenities which were amplified around the ground, while the other flicked V-signs (which one did which is unclear).

Hilariously, the pair were arrested and fined £80. They later said: “We apologise for offending anyone, and would hope that most would agree they may well have acted in the same way if faced with the torrent of obscenities we were exposed to.”

The fact that most of the 28,687 crowd no doubt sang and bellowed far worse and for greater lengths of time without even a disapproving look from a steward would seem more than a little hypocritical.

I say well done to the girls for showing true Yorkshire grit – saying what they bloody well like.

Hang your heads in shame, South Yorkshire police.

Wait one moment, though. I’ve now seen the song TWIN were covering was Slade's “Cum on Feel the Noize”.

In that case: lock ‘em up and throw away the key.

Why not send them to entertain at the next Borac home match? It might make a change from the Horst Wessel Song that the locals normally enjoy.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:09 am

Zim Soccer Fans Outraged By Serbian Racial Insults - 17/10/2006

Source: Zim Observer News

Zimbabwe football fans expressed outrage Monday at reports of racial abuse aimed at Zimbabwean striker Mike Temwanjira by fans from his Borac Club in
Serbia.

News reports said fans in the town of Cacak put on white hoods like those of the U.S. white supremacist organization Ku Klux Klan and held up placards saying Temwanjira was not wanted in Serbia and should go away.

The incident is alleged to have taken place after a match against Vozdovac Belgrade Saturday. Police later told reporters that eight fans had been detained and would face charges of spreading racial hatred and intolerance. About 30 others were released.

Temwanjira's home supporters said the Zimbabwe Football Association ought to take action against the Serbian club to ensure the safety of Zimbabwean players abroad.

Stadium Ban

Serbian Football Association (FSS) officials said the club may be ordered to pay a fine ranging from 60,000 to 600,000 dinars (730 euros to 7,300 euros) and to play between one and six matches behind closed doors.

"The club's board has three days to declare itself on the issue and the soccer authorities will announce their final decision on Thursday," the league's secretary-general Miodrag Jankovic told reporters on Monday.

Nearly 40 Borac fans were arrested after racist outbursts against Zimbabwean striker Tamwanyera, who joined the club during the close season from neighbours Javor Ivanjica.

Eight fans have been detained for questioning and face charges of spreading racial hatred with prison terms of up to five years if convicted.

Distraught Tamwanyera will continue to play for Borac, but said: "I have never been insulted for being black before. I got scared for my wife and child too. They came to every match I played in Ivanjica but here I was petrified.

"I've been given a great reception by the club and I get along really well with my neighbours. Some of them play all day with my son Nikola, who has a Serbian name because I like it here so much."

The club's chief sponsor Milenko Kostic described the racist outburst as "unbelievable" and said: "I can't stress enough that the club had nothing to do with this and any punishment imposed on Borac will be delivered to the wrong address."

Borac lost Saturday's game 1-0 and are 10th in the 12-strong league after nine matches.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:10 am

Ten arrested after football derby - 23/10/2006

Source: Birmingham Mail newspaper

TEN people have been arrested following the football match between local rivals Wolves and West Bromwich Albion.

Four people were arrested for public order offences, four for drunken entry to the game, one for a drug offence and one for breach of a football banning order.

A high profile police operation was launched at the match held at The Hawthorns where the vast majority of fans were well behaved, a spokeswoman for West Midlands Police said.

Officers are also studying CCTV footage after some seats were damaged shortly after the final whistle, she added.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:10 am

Santos keeper has ban for attacking fans cut - 26/10/2006

Source : REÜTERS

Santos goalkeeper Fabio Costa, originally banned for seven games after insulting his team's fans during a match and fighting with them afterwards, had his suspension cut to two games on Thursday.
However, Santos said the burly goalkeeper, who is free to play having already served three games, would not be able to play against Sao Caetano on Saturday because of injury.
Santos said on their official Web site that a disciplinary tribunal had reduced his ban on appeal but that he was still suffering from a shoulder injury.
The incidents happened during the 1-1 draw at home to Fluminense on Sept. 20.
Costa was jeered after his blunder led to Fluminense's goal and responded with insulting gestures to the fans as he left the field. On leaving the stadium one hour later, Costa lashed out at a group of around 15 supporters who were waiting for him at the dressing-room entrance.
He was set upon by the fans, who were pulled away by club security men, and left with a bruised cheek.
Santos are third in the Brazilian championship, eight points behind leaders Sao Paulo with eight games to play.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

Swansea Police Warning to Football hooliganism - 23/10/2006

Source: South Wales Police

South Wales Police has expressed dismay and concern about the violence after the Swansea v Millwall match yesterday, which resulted in five police officers being injured.

Speaking today, Acting Chief Superintendent Julian Williams said he was disappointed in the violence, which erupted in Siloh Road outside the stadium, when hooligans attacked police cordons and officers on horseback.

Officers had been working with the stadium and the club to ensure the all events held this year being peaceful so far.

Yesterday’s game went on virtually trouble free until the end of the game.

"We had been engaged in very positive discussions with the club and stadium and had agreed to provide proportionate police presence to assist the events," said Mr Williams. "We were, therefore, extremely disappointed and concerned subsequently to find ourselves having to respond to a minority of people who were intent on violence."

Police say a number of weapons were recovered from the area, which indicated there were trouble makers amongst the normal and law-abiding real football fans.

Mr Williams said: "South Wales Police always encourage true fans to enjoy the sports events, but where people become aggressive and violent, or intent on breaking the law, they can expect a firm and robust response."

Five officers sustained various injuries after hooligans attacked the police with different objects including car tires and stones.

Police horses were also the focus of attack, with troublemakers attempting to push them as officers strive to bring the trouble under control.

Police believe that those who caused the trouble were not the real fans, whose actions are also condemned by the club and stadium. Three people were arrested, and a post-incident investigation is now underway, with officers examining CCTV footage and other evidence with an intention to bring more of those responsible to justice.

Acting Chief Superintendent Williams added: "We are always ready to work with the partners to help everyone enjoying a great sports event, but where people insist on behaving like hooligans, they must expect to be dealt with in that way."

A spokesman from the Liberty Stadium said today:

‘We fully support the police investigation into this particular incident and will be cooperating with the enquiries.’

Swansea City Football Club has also expressed their support to the police investigation:

“The Club fully supports the police in their attempts to identify the people involved in the trouble at the Stadium on Sunday. We do not believe that these people were genuine Swansea City supporters and we certainly do not want them associated with the Club. We have been working extremely hard to create a family friendly atmosphere at the Liberty Stadium and we will not allow a small minority to jeopardise that.”

Meanwhile, detectives have today made an appeal to the Swansea people in relation to their investigation. Officers would like to speak to anyone that can help to identify people in the photos.

Any information should be passed on to officers at Swansea Central CID via confidential line on 01792 450 710 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

Football violence down but yobs shame Cardiff - 21/10/2006

Source: Western Mail

CARDIFF City will again be named among the UK's clubs with the most banning orders today as the Home Office reveals a record number have been slapped on hooligans across England and Wales.

But the club dropped three places in the league of shame, from first place last year to third place this year.

Home Office figures showed there were 3,387 yobs subject to the orders, which prevent them attending domestic and international matches.

A total of 995 were imposed during the year, making a net total rise of 7% year-on-year after allowing for orders that have expired.

Meanwhile, arrests for football-related offences have dipped by 7% to 3,462 - the third consecutive season to see a fall.

Leeds United gained the unenviable title of the club with the most banning orders.

An extra 20 orders imposed on its fans during the year brought its total to 115, following an even larger rise last year.

Portsmouth were second with 110, followed by Cardiff City (last year's highest, falling from 152 orders to 109), Stoke City (108) and Manchester United (106).

Stoke City also gained the largest number of orders in the year - 58.

Home Office Minister Vernon Coaker said he was encouraged by the decrease in arrests and insisted that the football banning orders were working.

"It shows that tough legislation and targeted policing continues to be effective. However, we are not complacent. Football disorder remains a lingering menace, and will not be tolerated."

Sports Minister Richard Caborn said, "The thrill of watching football from the terraces without fear of violence is the right of the genuine majority fans and should not be compromised by the tiny minority of thugs intent on causing trouble.

"The increased numbers of families, women and children now attending matches proves that the face of the average football fan is changing for the better - making football more inclusive, friendlier and safer than ever before."

The Premiership overtook the Championship for the largest number of arrests in the year.

There were 1,221 at Premier League games, up from 984 in 2004-05, while Championship arrests fell from 1,047 to 877.

The club with the highest number of arrests was Tottenham Hotspur, with 169. It was followed by Manchester United (147), Chelsea (126), Sheffield Wednesday (89), Coventry City (88) and Leeds United (76).

Hull City and Luton Town had the highest number of fans arrested for the most serious category of football-related offence, each with 21 hooligans detained for violent disorder.

Birmingham City saw 14 fans arrested for the same offence in the year, while Coventry City and Sheffield Wednesday both had 13 detained.

The Association of Chief Police Officers spokesman on football issues, Assistant Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police Stephen Thomas, said, "These figures show another successful year, which reflects the hard work put into reclaiming our national game for true football supporters.

"This decrease in arrests, coupled with the increase in banning orders, shows that banning orders do work.

"We now have to take steps to deal with the drunken yob culture that we saw spoiling our participation in the World Cup in Germany."

FA chief executive Brian Barwick said, "The latest figures confirm a very positive trend over recent years. They reflect the positive impact of banning orders and effective policing in reducing disorder at football matches, and the on-going culture change among the fans themselves."

Since the orders were introduced after Euro 2000, 5,173 individuals have been banned. Of those, 1,776 orders have expired. Of the 5,173 total, just 69 individuals have subsequently been involved in football violence - which officials said was a 96% rehabilitation rate.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:11 am

1. FC Lok Leipzig - SV Naunhof 1920 - 31/10/2006

Source : LOK fans website

Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 1fclokleipzigsvnaunhof1ht6
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 1fclokleipzigsvnaunhof1og9

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:11 am

Bolton: Five charged over station soccer brawl - 21/10/2006

Source: This is Lancashire

FIVE Bolton men have been charged in connection with a brawl by soccer hooligans which left a man blind in one eye.

Rival fans from Wigan Athletic and Bolton Wanderers clashed on April 15 this year on a train before fighting spilled out into Wigan Wallgate Station.

A 35-year-old man from Wigan lost the sight in one eye as bottles and metal poles were used as weapons during the violence which followed.

Five men from Bolton, aged between 20 and 26, were charged with violent disorder and the 26-year-old man was also charged with causing grievous bodily harm. British Transport Police have also charged five men from Wigan, aged between 19 and 41, with violent disorder.

Trouble flared as Wanderers fans boarded a train at Bolton station after the team's match against Chelsea at the Reebok Stadium. Wigan fans were already on the train after returning from their side's match at Newcastle.

A ticket office window was smashed during the 10-minute rampage through the booking hall.

The five men from Bolton will appear at Wigan Magistrates Court next Thursday and the five men from Wigan on Wednesday after they were all bailed by police.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

Bolton: Football fan gets ban from games abroad - 10/10/2006

Source: This is Lancashire

A SOCCER fan from Bolton has been giving a banning order as part of a campaign to stop potential troublemakers flying out of the country for England's next match.

Carl Lomax, aged 30, of Ennerdale Gardens, Breightmet, was given a three-year banning order at Manchester City Magistrates' Court yesterday.

Lomax was summonsed to appear at court by police ahead of England's Euro 2008 qualifying match with Croatia tomorrow.

He is now banned from attending international matches at home and abroad for three years.

A police spokesman said: "He was stopped from flying to Europe following Greater Manchester Police's latest operation to target known or potential troublemakers and prevent them from travelling abroad to engage in football-related violence."

Plain-clothed football intelligence officers, as well as uniformed police, are stationed at Manchester Airport today and tomorrow as part of Operation Papaya.

Police are monitoring all available routes to Zagreb and making sure no one attempts to defy banning orders.

Chief Inspector Chris Ullah, of Manchester Airport police, said: "As with previous operations of this kind, we are sending out a clear message to people intending to travel to commit violence - don't waste your time.

"Plain clothes officers will be working to spot known troublemakers, and uniformed officers will be providing a high-visibility presence at the airport, talking to fans and monitoring the situation.

"In past operations of this kind, the vast majority of people approached by officers were genuine supporters who were co-operative and understanding, but we have been successful in stopping a number of known hooligans travelling.

"Operation Papaya aims to continue the good work that has already been achieved in previous operations of this kind and prevent troublemakers ruining the reputation of genuine football fans."

The 3,000 match tickets that have been made available to England fans have sold out, and police are urging those without tickets not to travel.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

England: Hooligans on the rise - 23/10/2006

Source: The Evening Chronicle

Toon away days saw a sharp rise in the number of supporters arrested last season, new figures reveal.

Travelling United fans were locked up 82 times, an increase of 44 from the previous season.

There are also 45 Geordie hooligans who have been slapped with football banning orders, which prevent them from attending Toon games in England or in Europe.

The figures, released by the Home Office, show that 95 Newcastle fans were arrested in total last season, an increase from 78 in 2004/05.

Of those arrests, 56 were alcohol related offences, 23 of public disorder, six pitch invasions and three of violent disorder.

United fans rank 6th in the Premier League arrests table, Tottenham having the highest number with 169.

The number of Geordies with banning orders has fallen from 57 and just five new orders were imposed last year.

Thomas Coates is one of the fans who has a banning order. He was exposed as a violent soccer yob after being caught on camera throwing punches before a United match in Holland.

Coates was one of more than 80 fans arrested who brought shame on the Toon Army during the infamous `battle of Breda' in October 2003.

He was seen throwing punches on CCTV, along with Michael Wesley, of Denmark Court, Heaton, who was himself banned last November.

Terry Mann, owner of the Adelphi pub in Newcastle, was hit with a banning order for his part in the violence in Breda. The figures show arrests for football related offences in England fell by 7% and banning orders increased by 7%.

Home Office Minister, Vernon Coaker said: "I am very encouraged by the new figures.

"A 7% decrease in football-related arrests coupled with a 7% increase in football banning orders shows that tough legislation and targeted policing continues to be effective.

"This year's World Cup in Germany was very much a policing success. Over 350,000 England fans travelled to Germany; the vast majority behaved extremely well and were praised by the organising committee."

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:12 am

Newcastle - Fenerbhace: security measures - 19/10/2006

Source: The Evening Chronicle

Big match security is stepped up

By Paul Mcmillan, The Evening Chronicle

Thousands of Turkish football fans were today on Tyneside for Newcastle's hotly anticipated Uefa Cup clash.

Around 3,500 Fenerbahce fans are expected in Newcastle for the Magpies' first group stage tie in the competition.

Turkish fans were expected to soak in the atmosphere in the city centre before the big kick-off, which sees Glenn Roeder's men pit their skills against a side coached by Brazilian legend Zico.

Relations between English and Turkish football fans have at times been tense in recent years and extra police officers are out on the streets to stop any potential outbreaks of trouble.

Officers from Northumbria Police's dedicated football unit have been in contact with their Turkish colleagues and say no problems are expected.

Sgt Andy Cross explained: "We are anticipating 3,500 fans coming from Turkey throughout the day today.

"We will have extra officers on patrol in order to cater for this.

"We are working very closely with the Turkish police, who will have a number of representatives here, and are not expecting any problems from the supporters from Istanbul."

Tonight is the first time United have faced Turkish opposition in Europe but the second occasion Northumbria Police will have kept order with fans from the country.

England played Turkey, at Sunderland's Stadium of Light, in April 2003, as part of the Euro 2004 qualification campaign.

More than a hundred people were arrested before the game as a minority of England supporters chanted racist taunts and hurled missiles at officers.

When buses carrying the Turkish fans pulled up, missiles were hurled and hooligans banged on the windows, some even trying to force their way on to the coaches.

No visiting Turkey fans were involved in the disturbances or among those arrested.

Following the match, Football Association chiefs were hit with a £70,000 fine from Uefa and warned England could be kicked out of the championship.

The FA then decided against taking up tickets for the return match in Turkey the following October.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:12 am

Police chief defends football hooligan - 13/10/2006

Source: The Journal

A football intelligence officer last night hit out at a detective from a neighbouring force after he gave evidence in defence of a hooligan.

Magistrates in Bishop Auckland, County Durham, yesterday found Colin Heseltine guilty of affray, despite hearing several hours of evidence from the defence, including from David McDyer, a chief inspector with Cleveland Police.

Heseltine, of Oak House, Ivy Farm Court, Kenton, Newcastle, was sentenced to a 15-month conditional discharge, ordered to pay £400 costs and banned from attending football matches for three years.

Although Chief Insp McDyer was not present when Heseltine was alleged to have punched a youth three times after a football match in Darlington in March, he appeared as a defence witness. He told the court he had known Heseltine, 35, for five years, and had even witnessed him break up trouble outside St James's Park after a game in August 2004.

But after Heseltine's conviction, Det Sgt Ian Robinson, of Durham Police, said: "I was disappointed that an officer from a neighbouring force gave evidence as a defence witness, given both forces are committed to tackling the problem of football hooliganism."

Heseltine, a director of HRC financial and tax consultancy in Whickham, Gateshead, told the court he had acted in self defence.

But magistrates were shown video evidence which showed him approaching a youth in Neasham Road, Darlington, after a League Two game against Carlisle United.

He punched him three times, on the third occasion immediately after the same youth had been punched by another Darlington supporter.

Heseltine, who was arrested in May, hours after his wife gave birth to their first child, had planned to travel to Germany to follow England in the World Cup in June this year, but police successfully applied for an interim football banning order.

He told the court the youth had been abusing him, and added: "It's in my nature to try and calm a situation down. I honestly thought he was going to attack me."

After his conviction Heseltine's barrister, James Hedworth, said: "The loss of his good character is the worst possible punishment he could receive."

Cleveland Police last night declined to comment on Det Sgt Robinson's criticism of Chief Inspector McDyer.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

Soccer affray charge director had hooligan books - 12/102006

Source: The Journal

A Tyneside company director arrested over football disorder had a book entitled Hooligans at War in his home, a court heard yesterday.

The pamphlet contained press cuttings of football violence from around the country.

At the home of Colin Heseltine police also seized a number of books including one called England My England, Trouble with the National Team, and DVDs called The Firm, about the notorious West Ham inter city hooligan gang.

Magistrates in Bishop Auckland, County Durham, yesterday examined the findings when Heseltine, 35, of Oak House, Ivy Farm Court, Kenton, Newcastle, appeared in court on a charge of affray, which he denies.

They also watched video footage taken from a police spotter plane after a match between Darlington and Carlisle in March when Heseltine was seen to punch a youth in Neasham Road, Darlington. The footage then showed him and other men get into a car which drove them to a nearby pub.

After his arrest police successfully obtained an order banning Heseltine, a director with the HRC financial management company based in Whickham, from attending England's World Cup games last June. The order, which still stands, also bans him from entertaining clients at Newcastle United games at St James's Park.

The court was told Heseltine, who has a law degree, was arrested at his house by officers who travelled from Darlington early on May 4 this year, just hours after his son was born.

Today the court is expected to hear evidence from Heseltine, who stands at 6ft two and weighs 18 stone, that he was acting in self defence when he attacked the man, who has not been traced.

Another Darlington football fan, Darren Stockdale, 28, of Northallerton, North Yorkshire, admitted affray after he was filmed during the same incident, and was given a 10 month conditional discharge, banned from attending football matches for three years, and ordered to pay £100 costs.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:13 am

Argentine football violence escalates - 06/10/2006

Source: Reuters

THERE is probably nothing in the sporting world which can compare to the crowd at an Argentine football match.

The flags, the firecrackers and non-stop chanting make the atmosphere at even Europe's most intimidating venues – such as Galatasaray's “Hell” in Istanbul – look like a vicar's tea party in comparison.

With masses of standing fans crammed behind towering fences topped with barbed wire, most Argentine stadiums resemble Europe from the 1970s and 1980s, before the advent of all-seater stadiums.

The fervour and fanaticism come with a high price, however, and Argentine domestic football is among the most violent in the world.

Last weekend's action was fairly typical as two First Division games were interrupted by crowd violence and one in the Third Division was suspended when a firecracker temporarily deafened the visiting coach.

The season is only nine weeks old and has already seen two First Division games abandoned because of crowd violence and one because of alleged threats to the referee.

One week into the season, a riot forced the suspension of Godoy Cruz's game at home to Arsenal at the Malvinas Argentinas Stadium in Mendoza, a city usually associated with fine wines and snow-capped Andean peaks rather than football hooligans.

It should have been an afternoon of celebration as Godoy Cruz, in the top flight for the first time in their 85-year history, played their debut home match in the First Division.

Yet the game lasted just 17 minutes before the referee stopped play as fans clashed with riot police on the terraces and tear gas blew across the field.

Godoy Cruz's so-called barras bravas – organised groups of hardcore supporters – were furious after the home club refused their demands for free transport to all games, hundreds of free tickets per match and donations from the players' wages.

River Plate's barras were suspecting of being involved one week later when players' cars were vandalised after the team had lost 3-2 to Racing Club.

The following day, club president Jose Maria Aguilar said he had received death threats but immediately played them down.

“Sadly, when you're involved in this type of activity the threats became a habitual companion,” he said.

On Sept 10, referee Daniel Gimenez suspended Gimnasia La Plata's game at home to Boca Juniors, saying the president of the host team had threatened him in the dressing room.

Gimnasia president Juan Jose Munoz admitted talking to Gimenez but denied making threats, though he has since gone on leave until the Argentina FA (AFA) decide what action to take.

The following week, Colon's match at home to Velez Sarsfield was abandoned before half-time when a linesman was hit by a cigarette lighter thrown from the crowd.

The perpetrator was attacked by the supporters around him before being arrested and given a life ban by the club.

This was a rare case of tough action being taken against a supporter.

The clubs and the AFA are often criticised for treating the barras bravas with kid gloves.

The AFA have been reluctant to dock points from clubs over the behaviour of supporters, a solution which many feel would reduce the violence, and dithers over taking any action at all.

So far, no decision has been made by the AFA on any of the three First Division matches which were interrupted.

Sometimes in the past the championship has been long finished before the AFA have finally made a decision on games which had been suspended. Huracan, relegated to the Second Division in July 2003, made the briefest of returns to the top flight four months later to finish a match which had been suspended before they had gone down.

After months of indecision, the AFA ruled that their game against Olimpo, which had been scoreless when play was stopped in the 74th minute, should be finished and the teams played two halves of eight minutes.

The real trouble, however, goes on in the lower divisions.

On Sept 12, service on one of Buenos Aires' busiest suburban railway lines was interrupted when fans of Claypole and Argentino de Quilmes clashed on a train after a game in Primera D, the Fifth Division.

Three carriages were destroyed, 15 people were injured, including three seriously, and there were 88 arrests.

A week earlier, Claypole's ground had been the scene of more violence when fans from both teams scaled the perimeter fence and fought a pitched battle on the field, forcing the players to flee.

Even the corner flags were used as weapons as fans kicked and punched each other while the players hid in the dressing rooms. The match had been played on a Monday afternoon instead of in the evening – as a security precaution.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:13 am

Zambia risks sanctions for fans rioting - 12/10/2006

Source: People's Daily

Zambia risks being fined heavily or being ordered to play home matches abroad if fans continue rioting after the host team loses in football matches, the Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) has said.

Julio Chiluba with the FAZ was cited by Thursday's newspaper The Post as saying continued riots by hooligans every time the senior national team lost could force the Confederation of African Football (CAF) to charge the association.

Chiluba has since called on soccer fans to accept defeat and not to resort to riots whenever the national team lost.

Some local fans resorted to throwing stones at motorists after Zambia lost 0-1 to South Africa in the second qualifying match of Africa Cup of Nations Ghana 2008 last Sunday in Lusaka's Independence Stadium.

"While we appreciate the frustrations of losing a home match, the association strongly condemns such and any other acts of hooliganism," Chiluba said.

He said if CAF acts, the cost for FAZ and the soccer fans would be high because the association would be deprived revenue from home matches and also have to bear the cost of organizing matches abroad.

In 2005, soccer fans and hooligans rioted in Kitwe, 400km north of Lusaka, after Zambia went down 0-1 to Senegal in a World Cup qualifying match.

In 2004, fans ran amok after the national team lost to Angola in the final of the COSAFA Castle Cup played in Lusaka.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

Russia: Hooligans beat militia officers using baseball bat - 17/10/2006

Source: news.rin.run

Hooligans beat militia officers using baseball bat An attack to militiamen was made this night in Irkutsk region.
Four young men using baseball bat beat two officers of motor licensing and inspection department and tried to take their basic weapon.
As the office of Ministry of Internal Affairs informs this incident happened on October, 17 about 2:30 in Cheremkhovo. When militiamen were arresting four hooligans they met with resistance and hooligans used baseball bat to inflict damages upon officers. As a result officers suffered.

Then assaulters tried to take basic weapons of the officers. After preventive shot militiaman wounded one hooligan. His two friends were arrested but one could hide. Now militia searches him. Officers were conveyed to a hospital after first aid.

In this connection there was another story two years ago. Deputy of Duma Vladislav Demin and his assistant Alexei Kozerskii beat two militiamen in the center of Moscow. It happened at night, May 6, 2003. Deputy and his assistant celebrated the birthday of their friend businessman at that night. They came out of the club and went to automobile. While they were going (both were drunk), Alexei Kozerskii and hero of the occasion demonstrated hand-to-hand fight technique. Then militiamen approached, they decided that it was a real fight. Deputy and his 3 friends attacked officers and began beating them using baseball bats. Then patrol of motor licensing and inspection department come to help their colleagues. They stopped deputy flown into a rage and his friends. Two assaulters V.Demin and A.Kozerskii were arrested, the third went into hiding.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:14 am

Ukraine: Metallurg Zaporozhye - Karpaty Lviv - 26/11/2006

Source : Hooligans.org

Fighting about ~90 (of locals) vs 35 guests

Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 2mff0uq

Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 48f0wmx

Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 2wp09c1

Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 2rfdeuv

Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 2w6tfdh

Video:
http://ukrhools.net/video/fckl/MZ_KL2.MP4
http://ukrhools.net/video/fckl/mz_kl.avi

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:14 am

Metallurg Zaporozhye - Shakhtar Donetsk - 18/11/2006

Source : Hooligans.org

Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 2n1fhvm

Donetsk

Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 3008d9u

Zaporozhye

Fight: ~100 of locals vs 86 (Donetsk)

Video: http://ukrhools.net/video/shakhtar/fcmz_fcsd_181106.wmv

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

Larissa - PAOK Saloniki - 28/10/2006

Source: AP

At least 30 people had minor injuries Sunday when rival soccer fans clashed during a Greek league match.

Hundreds of Larissa and PAOK supporters fought in the stands of the Alkazar stadium during the match, hurling rocks and flares at each other and tearing up seats.

Police used tear gars to disperse the rioting supporters, forcing the referee to suspend the match for 25 minutes.

Clashes between rival supporters also broke out outside the stadium after the match.

PAOK won 2-1. Larissa and PAOK are level in fourth place with 12 points in the 16-team league.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:15 am

Four hurt in crowd trouble at Pakistan-Jordan Asian Cup match - 12/10/2006

Source: AFP

Four fans were injured and several others were arrested when Pakistani and Jordanian fans clashed at an Asian Cup football qualifier, officials said.

Play was halted for 15 minutes and police baton-charged supporters after trouble broke out at the Group C match here on Wednesday night, when Jordan beat Pakistan 3-0.

"Some Jordanians studying at Lahore University fought with local fans and then fought amongst themselves, which was unsavoury," said Colonel Ahmed Yar Khan, administration director for the Pakistan Football Federation.

Eyewitnesses said fans kicked and punched each other after some Jordanian supporters chanted slogans about the weak Pakistan display, incensing the locals.

The match eventually resumed after police dragged the troublemakers from the stadium.

"It wasn't a big issue but it should not have happened in an otherwise peaceful match," said Khan.

Pakistan have lost all five of their matches in Group C, which is led by Oman with 12 points followed by the United Arab Emirates with Jordan lying third.

Two teams will qualify from each group for the finals of the tournament to be jointly held in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam next year.

undergroundfans
Admin
undergroundfans

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 9:15 am

Panathinaikos - AEK Athens - 23/10/2006

Source: AP + ultrasathens

At least 10 people were injured Monday when rival soccer fans clashed before a Greek league match.

Hundreds of Panathinaikos and AEK fans fought inside the Olympic stadium before the match started, breaking through police cordons and hurled rocks and flares at each other.

Clashes also broke out outside the stadium.

Panathinaikos is in second place in the 16-team league, while AEK is seventh.

Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Ve6u8n
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 2sb0u81
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 2q21yx3

ufw moderator

Number of posts : 1431
Registration date : 2007-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 8:11 pm

West Bromwich - Wolverhampton - 22/10/2006

Source : Mail

Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 43njfhu
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Westbromwichwolverhamptwp4
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Westbromwichwolverhamptne4

Source: Birmingham Mail

Ten arrested after football derby- Oct 23 2006

TEN people have been arrested following the football match between local rivals Wolves and West Bromwich Albion.

Four people were arrested for public order offences, four for drunken entry to the game, one for a drug offence and one for breach of a football banning order.

A high profile police operation was launched at the match held at The Hawthorns where the vast majority of fans were well behaved, a spokeswoman for West Midlands Police said.

Officers are also studying CCTV footage after some seats were damaged shortly after the final whistle, she added.
Back to top Go down
ufw moderator

Number of posts : 1431
Registration date : 2007-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 9:55 am

Reading - Chelsea fc - 14/10/2006

Source : Mail

Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Readingchelsea14102006bd0
Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Readingchelsea141020062fv3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 06/07 - October   Season 06/07 - October - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 06/07 - October
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next